Opinion piece submissions
We welcome opinion pieces on various topical and current issues. All pieces must adhere to the following general guidelines:
- Minimum of 400 words and a preferred maximum of 800-900 words. Articles with longer word counts may only be considered in special circumstances.
- Well-written with a discernible logical flow and central argument. Articles should generally require minimum editorial/proofreading work.
- Articles must not have been published anywhere else on the internet and must be the contributor’s original work.
Current Affairs ZA is unable to offer compensation for published opinion articles. However, contributors get a chance to build a profile as analysts/commentators.
Prospective contributors can send their pieces to contact[at]currentaffairsza.com for consideration.
The editorial team reserves the right not to publish a submission. We will endeavour to inform contributors as much as possible so they are free to submit to other publications.
Letters to the editor
In case you wish to send a less-structured letter to the editor on a current affairs topic, please email it to contact[at]currentaffairsza.com and we may publish it. Please include your name and location (general e.g. city/town, NOT specific address).
SEO content submission
We offer moderate compensation for SEO-optimised content aimed at informing our readers on various trending topics. Such content should ideally be targeted at the South African audience.
Pitch your content idea to contact[at]currentaffairsza.com.
We welcome informational guest posts on various topics. Email yours to contact[at]currentaffairsza.com.
Current Affairs ZA accepts sponsored posts (marketing content) with the following guidelines:
- The article will be marked as “Sponsored.”
- Backlinks to promoted website, product or service will be No-followed in accordance with Google policies.
Email contact[at]currentaffairsza.com for more information.
Email press releases to contact[at]currentaffairsza.com.