South Africans can find useful details of Assupol funeral cover prices, waiting period, age limit and contact number on the company’s official PDF brochure, which can also be downloaded for ongoing reference.
One of the highlights is that you can take up to R100,000 cover for you and your spouse and R75,000 cover for other dependants. In addition, you can add an unlimited number of family members, increase your monthly premiums to grow your benefits and take cover for your children for their whole life, not just until turn 21 years old.
Assupol funeral cover prices
You can view the Assupol funeral cover prices in the official Assupol PDF brochure here. Monthly premiums start from R21 if you’re aged 18-24 years old and you take up R5,000 cover for yourself.
The prices increase as you increase the cover amount or add dependants such as spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law. The screenshots below are taken from the brochure and show a summary of what you could pay per month:
According to Assupol, their policy automatically provides benefits such as:
- Cover for stillborn children, and for newborn children for their first three months.
- Instant accidental death cover of R5,000 for all lives insured from acceptance date to the start of the policy.
- Premium Waiver – Death – guaranteed insurance for your family, without them having to pay any premiums for five years after your death.
- Assupol On-Call, a 24-hour telephone helpline where you can get a wide range of personal support, including transport of deceased persons, transport in medical emergencies, trauma counselling, and helpful information on funeral, medical and financial matters.
For an additional premium, you can get more benefits such as Family Income, Accidental Death, Memorial (for a memorial service five or 11 months after a claim) and On-Call Plus.
Age limit and waiting period
As can be seen in the screenshots above, the Assupol funeral cover age limit is 64 years old if you’re applying for yourself. It rises to 74 years old for your spouse, and 84 years old for your parents, parents-in-law and other dependants.
The waiting period is six months from the acceptance date for natural death. However, for the optional Accidental Death benefit, cover is immediate.
In case you’re a pensioner who receives a social grant from the government, you may consider Assupol’s Cornerstone Pensioner Plan, which has no age limit. If you take up this cover, Assupol will collect your monthly premiums directly from your grant.
Prices start from R70 to R150 per month for the Main Policy Plan, R50 to R200 for the Single Funeral Plan and R60 to R210 for the Family Funeral Plan.
The Assupol funeral cover contact details are as follows:
- Sales: 0860 103 091; firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-Call: 0800 002 614
- On-Call Plus: 0861 235 664
- Claims: 0861 235 664; email@example.com
- Client service: 0861 235 664; firstname.lastname@example.org