If you’re a student receiving NSFAS funding, you probably need to know how to transfer money from eZaga to Capitec or any other bank account in South Africa, including how long it takes as well as cardless withdrawal.
Fortunately, eZaga has made this information readily available. This article outlines some of the most important aspects of eZaga transfers to bank accounts for information purposes.
How to transfer money from eZaga to Capitec Bank account
You can transfer money from eZaga to Capitec or any other bank account using the following steps:
- Login to the eZaga App.
- Tap “Pay Recipient” on the homescreen.
- Select the beneficiary or enter the beneficiary’s bank account details (tap “Send to new beneficiary”) and enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Tap “Proceed and Send OTP.”
- You will now receive a one-tine PIN (OTP). Enter this OTP and then tap “Confirm” to complete the transaction.
In case you do not have the eZaga app, you can download it from the Google Play Store (Android phones) or Apple’s App Store (iPhones). Next, follow the steps below if you’re logging in for the first time:
- Enter either your account number or cellphone number.
- Enter the temporary password “12345” then tap “Login.”
- You will then receive a OTP on your cellphone.
- Enter the OTP you received.
- Set your new username and password.
To transfer money and perform other transactions, you first need to register for an eZaga NSFAS account. Follow these easy steps to complete your eZaga registration:
- Visit eZaga’s NSFAS online portal here using a laptop or desktop computer that has a webcam.
- Enter your ID number and click “Continue.”
- Enter your address as well as your security question and answer.
- Take a clear photo of your ID.
- Take a clear photo of yourself holding your ID under your chin.
- Once the registration process is complete, eZaga will send you an approval SMS.
How long eZaga transfer takes to Capitec account
An eZaga transfer takes one to two business days to reflect in your Capitec bank account or any other bank account in South Africa.
According to a recent eZaga update on Facebook, the cut-off times for electronic funds transfers (EFTs) are as follows:
- Monday-Friday: 08h00 to 14h00.
- Saturday: EFT payments will be paid on Monday.
- Sunday: EFT payments will be paid on Monday.
“Kindly note [that] payments to a different bank can take up to two business working days before the funds reflect into the bank which you are doing a transfer to,” the company emphasised.
eZaga cardless withdrawal
Usually, eZaga provides a Mastercard that you can use for card transactions. However, you can still perform a cardless withdrawal using the steps below:
- Log into the eZaga App.
- Tap “Withdraw Zaga.”
- Tap “Nedbank ATM.”
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and follow the prompts.
- You will receive a voucher code within an hour. If not, dial *120*001# and choose “Get Voucher.” You will then receive your voucher code via SMS.
- Use the voucher code to withdraw funds at any Nedbank ATM or Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Checkers, Boxer, OTT Merchant and Usave stores.
Alternatively, you can withdraw from eZaga using their USSD code. This is especially useful if you do not have access to the internet or if the app is down.
Simply follow the steps below:
- Dial eZaga’s USSD code *120*1109#
- Enter your password.
- Choose option 2 (Withdraw Zaga).
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Tap “Process.”
- You will then receive a OTP via SMS. Enter the OTP.
- You will receive your Nedbank ewallet voucher number within one hour. If not, dial *120*001# and choose “Skip.” Next, choose option 4 (Get cash voucher).
- Withdraw your funds at any Nedbank ATM or Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Checkers, Boxer, OTT Merchant and Usave stores using the voucher.
It is important to note that Nedbank iMali (ewallet) is available from 08h00 to 18h00 Monday to Friday and from 08h00 to 12h00 (12pm) on Saturday. It is not available on Sundays and public holidays. These are therefore the eZaga withdrawal times.
eZaga WhatsApp number
The eZaga WhatsApp number is 078 968 7354. Alternatively, you can call them at 086 999 0927 or email email@example.com for enquiries or further assistance.