Pick n Pay has officially joined PayJustNow stores in South Africa, giving consumers an extra credit option when they shop at the retailer’s selected platforms.
PayJustNow is a service that allows customers to split payments for certain products into three instalments that are free of interest and fees. This payment option is now available at Pick n Pay hypermarkets, with Pick n Pay Clothing to be added soon.
This “Buy Now Pay Later” credit service will make it easier for customers to buy high-ticket items such as electronics, home appliances and mobile devices, the retailer said in a statement recently.
“Our commitment to innovation in retail and our dedication to digital convenience means that customers can now easily access an affordable payment solution should they need to stretch their pocket to buy a more expensive non-food item or clothing,” said Deven Moodley, Executive of Value-Added Services, Financial Services and Mobile at Pick n Pay.
Pick n Pay joins PayJustNow stores
Consumers searching for PayJustNow stores in South Africa will now find Pick n Pay Hypermarket and Pick n Pay Clothing in the directory. The retailer joins other large retailers such as:
- Sportsmans Warehouse
To view the full list, visit the PayJustNow store directory. It is important to check whether the listed stores accept PayJustNow payments for online or in-store purchases – or both.
How to use PayJustNow at Pick n Pay
To use PayJustNow at Pick n Pay, you first need to sign up/register here. You must be at least 18 years old and a South African resident. You must also have a valid debit or credit card as well as a mobile phone number and email address.
Other requirements include:
- You must be permanently employed or self-employed.
- You have not applied for or are not currently over-indebted, under debt counselling or subject to debt review.
- You have not been declared mentally unfit or ill by a court, or under administration or provisional or final sequestration.
Once your application is approved, you can download and sign into the PayJustNow app, which is available on Google Play and App Store. Next, shop at selected Pick n Pay hypermarkets and Clothing stores using the following steps:
- Identify eligible items in-store with the distinctive PayJustNow logo.
- Use your app to scan a QR code and add the desired item to your in-app transaction basket.
- If you qualify, you will receive a unique WiCode generated by the PayJustNow app, enabling you to buy the item(s) at the Pick n Pay checkout within 15 minutes.
- Pay 34% of the total payment upfront. The remaining two payments of 33% each will be aligned with your subsequent salary dates.
You can then either pay your remaining instalments in advance manually on the payment platform or PayJustNow will debit your card on the due date.
You will be liable for default and interest fees should you fail to make a payment or if debiting your card fails.
PayJustNow is the latest credit offering by Pick n Pay, which already offers Mobicred, RCS Finance and TymeBank’s MoreTyme.