If you’re in South Africa and you already have an RCS store card, it is easily to apply for an RCS cash advance as long as you qualify.
The card has become popular among South Africans because it enables them to make purchases at various retails stores on credit while making affordable monthly repayments. In this article, we outline the qualification criteria for the card’s cash advance, how to apply and the group’s contact number.
How to qualify for an RCS cash advance
According to the RCS card terms and conditions website, you must meet the following criteria to qualify for an RCS cash advance:
- Your RCS account must not be in arrears.
- Your RCS account must be older than three months.
- The amount you apply for must be within a minimum and/or maximum amount that you can withdraw from time to time.
- You must repay the cash advance on selected repayment plans, and the repayment will form part of your monthly instalment.
How to apply
You can apply for an RCS card cash advance using the channels listed below:
- The RCS self-service portal, where you need to login to make the request (or register first if you don’t have a profile already).
- The free RCS App, which you can download from Google Play (Android devices) or App Store (Apple devices).
- You can also call RCS on 0861 729 727 for assistance.
Once you log into your preferred channel or call RCS, the application process is straightforward. Simply follow the prompts, fill the form and submit.
You will then receive a notification confirming your application. If it is successful, the cash will reflect in your bank account within 48 hours.
“We will check if you meet the requirements for accessing this option and if so, we will let you know the amount that is available to you for withdrawal and the options for repayment,” RCS states on its website.
“If you let us know that you want to proceed with the withdrawal, we will process the transaction on your facility and pay the amount selected by you in South African Rand into a bank account in your name.”
Remember, the cash is drawn from your RCS card’s credit facility. This means the advance will reduce the available credit that you can spend with your card at retail stores. Always keep up with your payments to increase the available credit.
RCS cash advance contact number
The RCS cash advance contact number is 0861 729 727. Use this contact if you wish to make an application or an inquiry about a particular transaction. An RCS customer care agent at the contact centre will assist you.
You can also call the contact centre if you wish to increase your credit limit. Before calling, prepare your most recent three-month bank statement or payslip.
In conclusion, we hope that you now know how to get a cash advance from your RCS card. You will not be able to withdraw the funds directly from the RCS card, but from your bank account. In case you have further inquiries, please contact the RCS Group directly.