If you’re in South Africa, you can get a Woolworths store card by submitting a Woolworths account application online in a few easy and straightforward steps.
The account and store card allow you to purchase groceries or fashion, homeware and beauty products at Woolworths stores countrywide on credit – as long as you’re up to date with your monthly repayments.
You can also use the card at selected Engen stores (excluding fuel and electricity purchases). You will also qualify for the WRewards programme automatically while contributing to charity when your link the card to the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme.
Woolworths account application online
To start your Woolworths account application online, visit the retail chain’s “Apply Now” webpage and click on the Store Card button.
The online application process follows the steps below:
- Pre-check: Enter your South African ID number and click “Continue.” This is to check whether you have an existing application or not.
- Affordability: Provide information about your income to ascertain your affordability.
- Select product: Choose the store card option to open a Woolworths account.
- Contract: Read the terms and conditions and confirm if you accept them.
- Card delivery: Choose how you would like to get your store card.
- Friends or relatives: Provide the information as requested.
- Upload your proof of income.
- The system will now verify your documents.
- Submit your application for processing. You will receive email or SMS confirmation that your application has been received.
To qualify for a Woolworths account and store card, you must be at least 18 years old, have a monthly income of at least R2,000 and have a valid Republic of South Africa ID number.
Once your application is approved, Woolworths may charge the following fees:
- Monthly service fee: Up to R48.
- Initiation fee: R96.
- Collection fee.
Card replacement is free, and you’ll also get your monthly statements for free. To give you peace of mind, Woolworths will also offer you a comprehensive balance protection cover for your account. This comes at a monthly fee of R5.50 per R1,000 outstanding balance.
With this cover, your Woolworths store card’s outstanding balance would be settled (up to a maximum amount of R100,000) in case of death, permanent disability or critical illness – as long as your account is in good standing.
Additionally, the cover will pay your monthly instalments for up to 12 months and to a maximum of R100,000 in case you’re temporarily unable to pay your account due to illness or loss of income (for example, retrenchment).
Woolworths account application status
To check your Woolworths account application status online, visit their store card entry page here, enter your ID number and press “Continue.” The website will display the status of your application.
How to pay your Woolworths account/store card
You can pay your Woolworths account or store card at any Woolies store and Absa bank branch, or via debit order or electronic funds transfer (EFT).
Call 0861 50 20 20 if you wish to set up a debit order. If you’re making a direct deposit at an Absa branch, the Woolworths account banking details are as follows:
- Bank: Absa
- Account holder: WFS Instore Cards Direct Deposits
- Branch code: 632005
- Account number: 4072263822
- Swift code: ABSAZAJJ
- Reference number: Your Woolworths account number as it appears on your store card.
You can also pay your store card via EFT (using your mobile banking app or online banking platform) or at any ATM countrywide.
The banking details for EFT or ATM are as follows:
- Bank: Absa
- Account number: 4072263335
- Account type: Current
- Reference number: You store card number.
You can confirm these banking details on Woolworths’ store card payment options page. In case you have further enquiries, contact Woolworths financial services directly on 0861 50 20 20 or email email@example.com. Happy shopping!