Sometimes, the Capitec mobile app may be down, or you may not have access to the internet – and this is why it is important to know how to get Capitec Bank statement without app.
Not to worry, because you can do this easily in a matter of minutes. We explain how to do it in this article.
How to get Capitec Bank statement without app
There are four ways to get Capitec Bank statement without app: via mobile/cellphone banking (USSD code), at a cash-accepting ATM, via internet banking or at a branch.
Mobile or cellphone banking (USSD code)
To get your Capitec Bank statement using mobile or cellphone banking, follow the steps below:
- Dial the USSD code *120*3279# on your cellphone.
- Choose option 10.
- Choose option 3.
- Choose option 1 to accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose the account you wish to get a statement for.
- Choose your date range (for example, three months).
- Enter your email address.
- Confirm the transaction by entering your mobile banking PIN.
- You will then receive the bank statement on your email.
Remember, this method requires you to be first registered for cellphone banking. If you are not yet registered, visit your nearest Capitec Bank branch along with your bank card and cellphone.
Bank officials will then register you and activate the service on the cellphone number you provide. Therefore, to secure your account, make sure that it is your own cellphone and number that you use to register.
You can also get a Capitec Bank statement at their cash-accepting ATMs across South Africa. Visit your nearest Capitec ATM and follow the steps below:
- Insert your Capitec card in the ATM.
- Enter your secret PIN.
- Choose “Print Statement.”
- Choose the account you wish to get the statement for.
- Choose the date range. Options include 1, 3, 6 and 9 months.
- The ATM will then print out your statement.
With internet banking, you can get your Capitec Bank statement without using the app. Simply visit the Capitec Bank website and click “Internet Banking” on the top right corner of the page. Enter your account number or username and password/PIN to log in.
Next, choose the account you wish to get a statement for and then click “Email Statement.” Choose the date range (for example, three months) and then enter your email address. The system will then email the bank statement to email address you entered.
If you have not yet registered for internet banking, visit your nearest Capitec Bank branch and the bank officials will register you and activate your profile.
At a branch
You can also get a Capitec Bank statement at any branch across South Africa. Be sure to have your account details or bank card and ID with you.
However, keep in mind that transactions at the branch are usually more expensive. You’re likely to pay more for your statements at the branch compared to using the app, cellphone/mobile banking, internet banking or the ATM.
In case you have further inquiries, please contact Capitec Bank directly using the following options:
- WhatsApp: 067 418 9565.
- Call: 0860 10 20 43.
- Email: ClientCare@capitecbank.co.za.