If you’re looking for a simple and straightforward Steri Stumpie chocolate mousse recipe, South African TikTok sensation Cassidy Nicholson aka Constantia Mom has one for you.
Steri Stumpie is one of South Africa’s most-loved brands. While many enjoy the flavoured milk beverage as a delicious treat on its own, it’s proven to be quite a useful ingredient in a variety of delectable dishes as well.
The brand, which celebrated its 50th birthday Steri-bration this year after a two-year delay caused by the pandemic, is the secret ingredient in Cassidy’s famous chocolate mousse recipe.
The online personality, who has racked up hundreds of thousands of followers thanks to her alter ego Constantia Mom, recently shared a clip of herself making the popular dessert – which has become a viral hit.
“I have always loved the Steri Stumpie brand,” Cassidy shares. “I have such fond memories of my childhood drinking Steri Stumpies – usually after a sports game and my dad always told me not to tell my mom. It was our delicious little secret!
“Basically, my childhood was all about Steri Stumpie. They taste like heaven, which is why I loved adding the drink into dishes like this chocolate mousse. I really enjoyed making this recipe. It is so simple and so easy which, if you know me and baking, that’s what it needs to be!”
Steri Stumpie chocolate mousse recipe
Cassidy shares her famous Steri Stumpie chocolate mousse recipe below:
- 200g dark chocolate chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup Chocolate Steri Stumpie
- 1 cup (100g) chopped white marshmallows
- Chocolate for garnish
- Mini marshmallows for garnish
- ½ cup whipped cream for garnish
- Heat chocolate, the Steri Stumpie and the marshmallows in a dry, heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream to soft peaks and fold through chocolate mixture. Pour into glasses or bowls and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Top with a blob of whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate shavings and mini marshmallows before serving. ENJOY!