The Shoprite Group has unveiled its early Checkers Black Friday specials for 2022 in South Africa, including 40% off a 4.3L air fryer.
However, the deals are available exclusively on the Checkers Sixty60 app and only for Xtra Savings members. Furthermore, they will be available between 17 and 20 November 2022 only.
Early Checkers Black Friday specials 2022
According to a statement the group issued on Wednesday (16 November), some of the early Checkers Black Friday specials include:
- Platinum digital air fryer 4.3L for R849.99 (save R650).
- 2 x 56 per pack Finish regular dishwashing tablets for R220 (56% saving).
- 500g Bonnita Salted Butter for R49 (save R30).
- 1.66kg HTH Floater+ for R99 (save R70).
“Customers can easily link their Xtra Savings rewards card to their Sixty60 profile. Signing up for Xtra Savings is also super easy and paperless, which customers can do online in minutes,” the Shoprite Group said.
To sign up for Xtra Savings, visit the Checkers login page, enter your email address or cellphone number and click “Next.” Follow the prompts to complete your signup.
Next, get an Xtra Savings card from any Checkers store and link it to your profile.
You can link your card to your profile using one of the following ways:
- WhatsApp: Add the number 087 240 5385 as a contact. Open the contact on WhatsApp, type “Hi” and follow the prompts.
- Download the Checkers Xtra Savings app, open it and follow the prompts. The app is available on App Store for iPhones, Google Play for Android phones and AppGallery for Huawei phones.
- USSD code: Dial *134*885*cardnumber# and follow the prompts.
How to link Xtra Savings card to Checkers Sixty60 app
The early deals are only available on the Checkers Sixty60 app and for Xtra Savings members. This means that you need to link your Xtra Savings card to the Sixty60 app.
If you’re a new Sixty60 app user, follow the steps below to link:
- Download the Sixty60 app on your phone and open it.
- Tap “Xtra Savings Card” to sign up.
- Enter your cellphone number or Xtra Savings card number.
- You will then receive an SMS with a one-time PIN (OTP). Enter this OTP on the app to verify your cellphone number. Once it is verified, your Xtra Savings card will be linked to your Sixty60 account.
If you already have a Sixty60 account but haven’t linked it to your Xtra Savings card, simply open the app. You will see a message urging you to link your card. Tap “Yes, let’s do this!” to proceed.
The Shoprite Group said it will reveal in-store Black Friday deals “in due course,” promising discounts of up to 50% on groceries, everyday items and more.
“It is guaranteed to be the Shoprite Group’s biggest Black Friday ever, with plenty of stock, extended shopping hours and additional employees on hand to ensure a rewarding shopping experience for customers,” it added.