Some brands in South Africa have already unveiled some of their 2022 Black Friday deals – way before the actual shopping bonanza slated for 25 November.
These include Woolworths, Edgars, Incredible Connection and Hirsch’s. They have decided to release some specials early while building up to the actual date.
Other brands, such as Game, have however decided to return to the pre-pandemic approach of offering specials on Black Friday itself. In 2020 and 2021, most brands unveiled discounts throughout the Black Friday month to avoid overcrowding in stores.
Earliest 2022 Black Friday deals in South Africa
Edgars unveiled its earliest 2022 Black Friday deals (view them and further updates on their website here) on 1 November – and these will be available until 15 November. However, this early sale is online only.
The store is offering 25% discounts on selected fashion and home items (excluding appliances and electronics) and 20% discounts on beauty products.
Furthermore, customers stand a chance of winning a share of R10,000 each week leading up to the Black Friday sale if they sign up to their newsletter.
The first set of Woolworths Black Friday specials are now available as follows:
- 30% off selected beauty products (online only from 1-6 November).
- 25% off skin creamery products for WRewards members; 10% for all customers (1-13 November).
- Up to 30% off selected women’s hats and sneakers for WRewards members; 20% for all customers (31 October-6 November).
- Get 3 for 2 on Elizabeth Arden 8-hour range (31 October-13 November).
- 20% off selected cookware and bakeware (24 October-6 November).
You can view the deals and further updates on the Woolworths website.
Hirsch’s has unveiled a four-week Black Friday deals period, with each week having its own level as follows:
- Level 1 from 1-30 November.
- Level 2 from 8-30 November.
- Level 3 from 15-30 November.
- Level 4 from 25-30 November.
Shoppers can take advantage of deep price cuts on various household items such as TVs, appliances, gadgets, beds and furniture.
You can view Hirsch’s full Black Friday catalogue on their website. Some examples from Level 1 offers include the following:
- Defy 254L White Chest Freezer – DMF473 for R3,999.99 (was R5,399.99).
- Hisense 264Lt Titanium Inox Combi Refrigerator – H370BIT for R4,499.99 (was R5,999.99).
- Samsung 137cm (55″) UHD 4K Smart TV – UA55AU7000KXXA for R7,999.99 (was R9,999.99).
- Samsung 190cm (75″) Crystal UHD TV – UA75BU8000KXXA for R18,999.99 (was R26,999.99).
- Siemens 60cm White iQ100 Freestanding Dishwasher – SN213W01BT for R4,499.99 (was R6,999.99).
Incredible Connection’s Black Friday promotion, which it has dubbed “Black Star November,” will run throughout the month. However, each week will have its own set of deals.
You can view the deals on Incredible Connection’s website. The currently available specials include the following:
- HP 14s Core i5 1155G7 8GB RAM 512GB SSD Storage Laptop for R9,999 (was R13,999).
- Dell Inspiron 15 3511 Core i3 1115G4 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Storage Laptop for R6,999 (was R9,999).
- Hisense 58-inch Smart UHD TV 58A6H for R7,999 (was R10,999).
- Skyworth 65-inch Android UHD TV- 65SUD9300F for R8,999 (was R12,999).