If you’re a Telkom mobile customer, knowing how to buy data bundles with airtime, USSD code or online – whether for yourself, someone else or another number – is important.
Fortunately, Telkom has made available several ways to purchase data, including via WhatsApp. We outline these methods in this article.
How to buy Telkom data bundles
You can buy Telkom data bundles using the following ways:
- USSD code by typing *180# on your cellphone.
- Via the online self-service portal.
- Via the Telkom Apps (IOS and Android).
- At a Telkom store.
- Via Telkom WhatsApp number 081 160 1700.
Buy Telkom data with airtime and USSD code
Simply dial the USSD code *180# on your cellphone, select your preferred Telkom data bundle package and follow the prompts.
Once you have successfully bought the data, you will receive an SMS message confirming your purchase. Remember, you should already have airtime available on your number to complete this transaction successfully.
How to buy data on Telkom online
You can also buy Telkom data online via the self-service portal. Simply log in or register if you don’t have an online profile already. Next, click “Load Data” and follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
Another way of purchasing data online is by using MyTelkom app, which is available on Google Play, App Store and AppGallery. Log in to your profile on the app, tap “Load Data,” choose a package and pay. The data will be loaded to your number immediately.
Alternatively, you can purchase Telkom data via internet banking or mobile app of the bank you use. Simply log in to your bank account profile, choose “Buy Airtime” and then “Telkom.” Follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
How to buy Telkom data for another number or someone else
Follow the steps below to buy Telkom data for another number or for someone else:
- Dial *180# on your cellphone.
- Choose “Transfer Data.”
- Enter the cellphone number and your preferred data bundle amount.
- Follow the prompts to complete your transfer. Upon successful completion, you will receive an SMS message with a confirmation. The recipient will also receive a confirmation.
How to buy LTE data on Telkom
To buy LTE data on Telkom, it is advisable to first switch off mobile data and switch on Wi-Fi on your cellphone. Also, make sure your cellphone is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Next, follow the steps below:
- Go to the main dashboard on MyTelkom app and choose your account.
- Tap “Buy” followed by “Data Bundles,” where you need to choose the LTE option.
- Choose your preferred bundle package and pay.
- Upon successful payment, you will see a confirmation on your screen.
As can be discerned, there are several easy ways of buying data bundles on Telkom. For further information or in case you need assistance, you can contact Telkom customer care by dialling 180 on your cellphone.