Openview remains a popular choice for millions of South Africans, hence it is useful to know its details such as decoder price, activation, channels and WhatsApp number.
It is also important for users to know how to fix issues such as “no signal” and where to find the TV guide. We outline all these details in this article.
Openview decoder price
The Openview decoder price details are as follows:
- Decoder only (excludes satellite dish and installation): R649
- Decoder with satellite dish and installation: R1,699
Openview decoders are available at leading retail stores across South Africa, including PEP, Game, Makro, Checkers Hyper, Ackermans and Pick n Pay Hypermarket.
To find an installer in your area, use this interactive map on Openview’s website. Simply enter your location (for example, Randburg) and the map will display names and contact details of installers nearby.
Alternatively, you can contact the call centre on 0861 696843 or book an installer via one of the following Openview distributors: Space TV: 086 140 4142; Switch: 086 079 4824; and Ellies: 086 135 5437
Once installation is complete and you have connected the cables to the decoder and your TV, you can start your Openview activation. The decoder needs to have completed scanning, which means channel 100 should be playing.
If this is the case, follow the steps below to activate your decoder:
- Press the ‘HELP’ button on your Openview remote control to display the help screen.
- Write down your STB number.
- Press “Exit” on your remote control to return to channel 100.
- Dial this USSD code on your cellphone: *120*6843*1# and follow the prompts. Use your STB number to complete your decoder activation.
- Your decoder may reboot and update its software during the activation. Please allow a few minutes for this.
- It may take up to five minutes to view your channels once activation is complete.
Openview channels and TV guide
You can view the following channels on Openview:
- 101: SABC 1
- 102: SABC 2
- 103: SABC 3
- 104: eTV
- 105: eExtra
- 106: eMovies
- 107: eMovies Extra
- 108: eReality
- 109: Xposed
- 110: StarLife
- 111: Zee One
- 112: ePlesier
- 113: The Home Channel Plus
- 115: People’s Weather
- 121: France 24
- 122: DBE TV
- 124: SABC Sport
- 130: eToonz
- 134: Mindset
- 135: SA Music
- 140: Glow TV
There are also numerous radios stations on Openview, including Metro FM, YFM, Kaya FM and Radio 2000. Openview may sometimes add or remove certain channels or radio stations from time to time, so be sure to check their website regularly for an updated list.
Additionally, you can find their TV guide on their website. Simply select your preferred channel to view what’s showing and at what time.
Openview WhatsApp number
In case you need assistance, you can easily contact Openview on their WhatsApp number, which is 0829666429. Their call centre number is 0861 696843.
How to clear Openview no signal error
Openview’s frequently-asked-questions (FAQ) page provides a guide on how to clear the “no signal” error as follows:
- Disconnect the power and LNB (Dish) cables that are connected to your Openview decoder.
- Once both cables have been removed from the decoder, reinsert the LNB cable first, followed by the power supply cable, and wait for the decoder to reboot automatically.
- When the decoder has restarted, check to see whether any visuals are appearing on the screen.
In case the decoder has not re-established the signal, you will need to reactivate it by following the activation steps outlined above. The signal strength needs to be at 75%.
If it is at 0%, consult your decoder’s manual (page 16 or 18) to perform a factory reset. If you need further assistance, consult your nearest installer.
More than three million South Africans are currently using Openview, which is free of any monthly charges once you have installed and activated it. Happy viewing!