The Pretoria Zoo has lots of fun activities and if you wish to visit, it is important to know its entrance fee and other prices as well as how to buy tickets online.
Visitors to the zoo can view wild animals such as lions and engage in several fun family activities, including riding the big wheel and hosting children’s parties.
Pretoria Zoo entrance fee
According to the Pretoria Zoo’s official website, the entrance fees are as follows:
- Adults: R120 per ticket.
- Children: R80 per ticket.
How to buy tickets online
You can buy tickets to the Pretoria Zoo online by visiting their ticketing page here. Click the “Zoo Entrance” or “View Tickets” tab.
You will now see a table where you can input the number of adults and children that you’re buying tickets for. The table will automatically add the total price.
Next, click “Continue.” You will now need to either log in or register a new profile to proceed. Once you’re logged in, accept the terms and conditions and then click “Checkout” or “Pay by Instant EFT.”
Payment options include debit or credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), PayU and electronic funds transfer (Instant EFT). Once you’ve successfully made your payment, you will receive an email confirming all the details along with the tickets.
Hot tip: Make sure to visit the zoo within the specified dates, which are usually 1 January – 31 December in any given year.
You can get free entrance at Pretoria Zoo through its Adopt an Animal initiative. All animals at the zoo are available for adoption for one year (they will remain at the zoo, though!). However, you will need to pay an adoption fee, which ranges from just R40 to R1,000 per animal per year depending on your chosen category.
Benefits of adopting an animal include “free entrance tickets to the zoo, a personalised certificate of adoption and continuous adoption support,” the website states. You can view the adoption packages and benefits online.
Children can similarly get free entry and a personalised adoption certificate via the Children’s Adopt-an-Animal Club, where adoptions have a standard fee of R100.
Pretoria Zoo prices for fun activities
There are several fun activities for the entire family at the Pretoria Zoo. Prices are as follows:
- Big Wheel: Rides cost R4.
- Children’s parties: Venue hiring price is R3,500. It includes entrance fees for 20 kids, venue, 1 braai stand, 5 refuse bags, 20 plates, 20 knives and forks, and 2 round tables of 10 pax for adults with 20 chairs.
- Children’s pushcarts: R60 for a single-seater for the day and R80 for a double-seater for the day.
- Golf carts: 4-seater rental at R150.00 an hour. 6-seater rental at R180.00 an hour. A deposit of R200 also applies.
- The cableway has been closed until further notice, so cable car prices were not available at the time of publishing this article.
The Pretoria Zoo is open seven days a week, 365 days a year. Operating hours are from 09h00 to 17h30. Ticket sales close at 16h30. Have fun!