MultiChoice South Africa has launched two DStv uncapped fibre internet packages, which customers can use to stream content via a new DStv Streama TV Box.
While some customers already have DStv Internet packages, MultiChoice says the new uncapped fibre offering will guarantee customers “faster, smoother and more stable internet access.”
“Users can expect enhanced gaming, social media, and browsing experiences; all while streaming the best content using the DStv Streama TV Box,” the company said in a statement.
This means that customers can use DStv Streama to stream content from not only from DStv, but also from other streaming services such as Showmax, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ and YouTube. This effectively turns compatible devices into smart TVs.
DStv uncapped fibre packages and prices
South Africans can choose from two DStv uncapped fibre packages – DStv Compact and Premium bouquet:
- The DStv Compact package is priced at R699 per month on a fixed 24-month contract. It offers 25Mbps/10Mbps uncapped fibre and router, with a DStv Streama TV box and a DStv Compact subscription.
- The DStv Premium package also offers 25Mbps/10Mbps uncapped fibre and router, including a DStv Streama box and a DStv Premium subscription for R999 per month on a 24-month contract.
For both options, customers who supply their own decoder get satellite TV included at the same price, MultiChoice said. Additionally, there is a standalone fibre internet package at the same speeds (without Premium or Compact subscriptions) for R549 per month.
How to get connected
If you wish to get once of the two packages, visit the DStv website and follow the steps below:
- Order online: Select a fibre deal. Next, click “Check Coverage” to make sure you have fibre in your area. Once you have confirmed your coverage, follow the prompts to complete your order online. Alternatively, you can request a call back to get assistance from a DStv agent.
- Delivery and Installation: Once the order is complete, DStv technicians will deliver the hardware and book a date for installation.
- Connection: Once installation and connection is complete, you can enjoy uncapped internet connection and content streaming.
If you’re an existing customer and wish to get one of the deals, log on to your DStv profile online and apply by clicking “Add New Product.” Next, select your preferred deal to start the application process.
According to MyBroadband, South Africans can make big savings with DStv’s new fibre offerings.
For instance, for the Premium fibre package (R999 per month), the effective price a customer could pay for a DStv Premium subscription would be less than R500 per month.
Comparatively, a streaming-only DStv Premium subscription costs R699 per month.
The new packages would therefore likely cost less than subscribing to a DStv streaming package and getting an internet connection separately.
Uncapped fibre also removes limitations of the normal DStv Internet packages, which offer a limited amount of streaming data per month.