If you have a business and wish to participate in the government‘s supply and procurement processes, it is important to get a CSD report as well as a supplier and unique registration reference number.
The CSD (Central Supplier Database) stores supplier information for the government’s organs of state. This information is usually verified with institutions such as the South African Revenue Service (SARS), so it is important to be as accurate as possible if you wish to register as a supplier.
How to get a CSD supplier number and unique registration reference number
You can only get a CSD supplier number and a unique registration reference number once you have registered yourself as a CSD user.
Before you begin this process, make sure you have the following supplier details:
- Cellphone number for OTPs.
- Email address.
- Supplier identification information, such as identification number or company registration number or trust number.
- Industry classification details.
- Contact and address details such as name, email address, cellphone and telephone number, and province, municipality and postal details, among others.
- Bank account details if applicable.
- Supplier tax details if applicable.
- Directors/Members details.
- Commodities your company or business supplies.
- Industry accreditations if applicable.
To register, visit the CSD registration page and follow the steps below:
- Fill in the required details, starting with whether you’re a South African supplier or foreign supplier. Other details include name and surname, email address, cellphone number, ID number, password and security questions.
- Click “Register.” You will then receive an email with a link to activate your CSD account. Click on this link to receive an OTP on your cellphone. Enter this OTP in the required field. If everything is in order, your account will now be active.
- The next step is to log into your account and complete your supplier details listed above. To do this, click “Supplier Details” and then “Add Supplier.”
- Complete the “Identification” tab and all the required information. Once you’re done, click “Overview” to confirm. If you’re satisfied that all the information is correct and there is nothing outstanding, click “Submit.”
The registration process is now complete. If everything is in order, the system will generate a supplier number and a unique registration reference number, which is 36-digits long.
How to get a CSD registration report
Once you have successfully completed the process above, you can now get a CSD registration report. Simply log into your account and follow the steps below:
- Click “Report” and then “Registration.”
- In the field provided, enter your supplier number and unique registration reference number.
- Click “View Report” to get your report.
So, there you have it – a simple and straightforward process if you have all the information at hand. For more information, visit the CSD’s registration process page, which also features a simple infographic.