Purchasing items on account is common in South Africa, which is why it is useful to know the Truworths banking details for account payments if you shop with the popular fashion retailer.
Luckily, this information is readily available on its website and is confirmed regularly by its customer care representatives on social media.
Truworths banking details for account payments (EFT or ATM)
If you’re in South Africa and you wish to pay via electronic funds transfer (EFT) or at an ATM, the Truworths banking details for account payments are as follows:
- Standard Bank – Current Account
- Account Name: TRUWORTHS
- Account No: 070296227
- Branch Code: 051001
- Payment reference: your 14-digit Account Number (found on your statement)
“Be sure to use your 14-digit Truworths Account Number as the reference number. You can find your account number on your monthly account statement. Always double check your reference number is captured correctly,” Truworths advises.
“If paying via EFT or debit order, schedule your payment for 48 hours before the payment due date to ensure that the payment reflects on time.”
Other ways to pay Truworths account
There are several other ways to pay Truworths account, including online, in stores, online banking, debit order and EasyPay.
To pay your Truworths account online, visit their dedicated payments website and enter your 14-digit account number. You will then be able to make your payment using one of the options provided.
You can also make your payment in store in cash or using your debit or credit card. Many Truworths stores are open seven days a week, which means you can pay even on a Sunday.
To make your Truworths account payment via online banking, log into your online banking profile on your bank’s website or mobile app. Next, navigate to beneficiary payments section and select Truworths.
“We are a preloaded beneficiary with all banking institutions, so it is best to select Truworths from the approved list of preloaded beneficiaries,” the retailer advises.
The beneficiary name appears as follows:
- NEDBANK: Truworths Retailing
- FNB: Truworths Electronic Payments
- STANDARD BANK: Truworths Retailing (Pty) Ltd
- CAPITEC: Truworths
- ABSA: Truworths Retailing
Make sure to use your 14-digit account number as indicated on your statement in the beneficiary payment reference field.
You can also schedule your Truworths payments via monthly debit orders. You first need to apply either online (in the payment section of your Truworths online profile), in store, by email or by calling their customer care service team on 021 460 2300.
“Please note that Truworths reserves the right to cancel a debit order after the bank returns it for the second time as a result of ‘No funds available,'” the retailer states.
EasyPay (Shoprite, Checkers, Pick n Pay, Spar, Woolworths)
If you wish to pay your Truworths account vis EasyPay, visit http://www.easypay.co.za or visit stores that accept EasyPay. Such stores include Shoprite, Checkers, Pick n Pay, Spar and Woolworths. Follow the steps below:
- Send a FREE SMS with your 14-digit Truworths account number (found on your statement) to 45125 to receive a unique reference number to use to pay your account. Truworths may also send you an SMS or e-mail with a specific unique reference number to use to pay your account.
- When you go to the store, give this unique reference number to the cashier.
- The cashier must enter this unique EasyPay reference number.
- You will be asked for your name and phone number.
- The payment will be processed.
- Once the payment is successful, the cashier will give you a receipt showing amount paid, payment reference number and transaction reference number. The receipt can be used as proof of payment.
Truworths account application online
You can make your Truworths account application online by visiting the retailer’s accounts website. You will need to provide your details, including name, initials, surname, South African ID number, cellphone number and email address before clicking “Apply.” If you don’t have a South African ID number, you will need to apply in store.