If you’re in South Africa, it is worthwhile to know how to pay Showmax with Capitec or other ways, such as MTN, Vodacom or Telkom airtime.
Fortunately, information on this is readily available and is explained in this article below.
How to pay Showmax with Capitec
To pay Showmax with Capitec, you need to log in to your Showmax account and select your plan. Next, choose the credit or debit card payment option.
You will then need to add your Capitec debit or credit card number, expiry date and CVV code, as well as your name and surname. Next, click the “Submit” button. If everything is in order, your Showmax subscription will now be active and the online payment will go through on a designated date every month.
“We capture your billing details when you subscribe to Showmax but we will only bill you 14 days later once your free trial expires. Thereafter we will bill you on the same day every month,” the streaming platform advised new subscribers.
“For example, if you subscribed to Showmax on the 10th you will enjoy your 14 day free trial and will be billed on the 24th, thereafter you will be billed every 24th.”
Pay Showmax with MTN
To pay with MTN, log in to your Showmax account, choose your plan and select MTN as your payment option. Next, click on “Add to MTN bill.”
You will then need to enter your mobile number and one-time PIN (OTP) to confirm your subscription. Once you have successfully done this, your subscription will be active and you can start watching the streaming platform’s content.
Pay Showmax with Vodacom
If you’re a new Showmax subscriber, follow the steps below to pay via Vodacom:
- Go to showmax.com and sign up.
- Choose Vodacom as your payment method and click on “Add to Vodacom bill.”
- Next, accept the terms and conditions and click on “Pay with Vodacom.”
- Enter your cellphone number to receive an OTP. Enter the OTP to verify and confirm your subscription.
- You can now start watching if everything is in order.
If you already have an account, sign in and select “Manage Subscription” followed by “Subscribe Now” and “Add to Vodacom bill.” Follow the rest of the steps indicated above to complete your payment.
“If you have an existing payment method, you would first need to cancel that billing arrangement with the partner before you can select a new billing partner,” Showmax advises.
Pay with Telkom airtime
To pay for Showmax with Telkom airtime, follow the steps below:
- Go to showmax.com and sign up or sign in.
- Select your Showmax plan.
- Select Telkom as your payment method then click on “Add to Telkom bill.”
- Enter your cellphone number and accept the terms and conditions.
- Confirm subscription with Telkom.
- Enter your OTP verification
- If you’re a new subscriber, you can now enjoy your 14-day free trial. If you’re already a subscriber, you can now confirm your billing with Showmax to start watching.
“Showmax is billed in advance so you will need to have sufficient prepaid airtime to pay for your Showmax subscription,” the streaming platform says. Alternatively, the payment can be added on your Telkom, MTN or Vodacom contract bill if you’re a post-paid customer. For more information, visit their frequently asked questions website.