Consumers looking for Checkers and Shoprite Black Friday 2021 specials are in for a treat after the Shoprite Group announced deep discounts available for four days.
In a statement on Wednesday (24 November), the group said the discounts will be available from Thursday, 25 November to Sunday, 28 November 2021.
More time to shop
“In response to COVID-19, deals will again this year be valid for four days to give customers more time to plan and shop, and to prevent overcrowding,” Shoprite said.
“Rather than running an extended promotion with limited savings, the four days of concentrated Black Friday deals mean Shoprite and Checkers are staying true to the ethos of this promotion – deep discounts.”
Consumers are set to enjoy discounts of up to 50 percent on everyday essentials, groceries, toys and other products.
Be sure to use your Xtra Savings card while shopping to benefit from these offers.
Checkers Black Friday 2021 deals (for Xtra Savings card holders)
Some of the notable Black Friday deals available at Checkers this year include:
- 3 X 2kg Omo Auto washing powder/1.5L liquid detergent/capsules 17s for R99 (R110 saving) – save 53%.
- Buy one 56s Finish dishwashing tablets and get a second one free (R225 saving) – save 50%.
- 3 X 200g Jacobs Krönung/Gold Instant Coffee Jar for R199.00 (R145 saving) – save 42%.
- 4 X 1.5L Coca-Cola Original Taste Less Sugar for R44 (R20 saving) – save 31%.
- Buy three 750ml Pongracz Cap Classique and save R178 (35% less).
- Save R1,000 on a Phillips XL Essential Air Fryer for R1,999.
Shoprite Black Friday 2021 specials (for Xtra Savings card holders)
Some of the notable Shoprite Black Friday 2021 specials include:
- 2 X 100s Glen tea for R26 (R26 saving) – save 50%.
- 2 X Pampers nappies or pants value packs for R220 (R180 saving) – save 45%.
- 750g Ricoffy for R60 (R30 saving) – save 33%.
- 3 X 750g Cremora for R80 (R46 saving) – save 36%.
- 1L Ultramel custard for R18 (R11 saving) – save 38%.
The group said its Black Friday plans are six months in the making and assured South Africans that despite supply chains being constrained worldwide, its stores are well-stocked.
“As a bonus, shoppers who use their Money Market Account to pay at any Shoprite or Checkers supermarket during Black Friday will receive R10 back for every R100 spent to use on their next shop,” it added.
To view the Shoprite catalogue (Great North regions) for this year’s shopping bonanza, click here.
This particular catalogue applies to Shoprite stores in Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North West provinces, excluding Ganyesa, Lichtenburg, Mafikeng, Mmabatho, Parys, Sasolburg, Schweizer-Reneke, Volksrust, Vryburg and Wolmaransstad.