The top talent search competition in South Africa is gaining momentum and naturally, fans want how to vote for their favourite contestants on Idols SA 2022.
Idols SA Season 18 voting officially opens on 28 August 2022 and viewers can cast up to 400 votes for their preferred contestant. Voting opens every Sunday during the show (5pm) and closes on Tuesdays at 10pm – unless there is an extension.
How to vote on ‘Idols SA’ 2022
There are four ways to vote on Idols SA in 2022 – via the official website, mobile website, SMS and the MyDStv app.
If you wish to vote on Idols online, you may use the official website, mobile website or MyDStv app. These options require you to register first in case you haven’t. Voting via SMS does not need registration.
How to register
If you are using a laptop or desktop computer (website registration), you need to visit the Idols South Africa website here, click “Register” and fill your details. In case you registered during previous seasons, there is no need to register again – simply login with your details.
For cellphone/tablet users, the process is the same – visit the official website and click “Register” and enter your details.
Furthermore, DStv subscribers can register on the MyDStv app, which they can download from the App Store or Play Store. You will then use your mobile number or email and your DStv Connect password to login. Next, click on “Register” and follow the prompts.
Voting via official website
To vote via the official website on your laptop or desktop computer, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website: www.idolssa.tv.vote.
- Click on “Login” and enter your cellphone number in the international format, for instance, +27731234567.
- Enter your password and sign in.
- Choose your preferred contestant.
- Enter the number of votes you wish to cast and click VOTE.
- Voting via the website is capped at 100 votes per registered voter.
Voting via mobile website
In case you want to vote on Idols SA Season 18 via the mobile website, start by visiting the website on your cellphone/tablet.
Follow the same steps as outlined under website voting above. Voting via mobile website is similarly limited to 100 votes per registered voter.
How to vote on Idols using MyDStv app
This option is available to DStv subscribers with eligible rewards levels only. Subscribers get additional votes based on their rewards level. Follow the steps below to vote on Idols via MyDStv app (note – this does not apply to DStv Now app):
- Log into the app using your cellphone number or email address and your DStv Connect Password.
- Look for “Rewards” on the bottom menu. Select your available Rewards and click on the Idols Voting Card.
- If you’re a registered voter, enter your cellphone number in the international format (for example, +27731234567) and password to sign in.
- Select your preferred Idols SA contestant, enter the number of votes you wish to cast and click “Vote.”
- Note: MyDStv app votes are free and are allocated based on your Rewards levels (active DStv subscribers in South Africa ONLY with eligible Rewards levels only). For each DStv package, the Rewards levels begin at “Starter” with 250 votes and end at “Legend” with 2,000 votes. For instance, for the Premium package, there is Premium Starter (250 votes), Premium Rising Star (500 votes), Premium Super Star (1,000 votes) and Premium Legend (2,000 votes).
Voting on Idols via SMS
This applies only to users who are in South Africa at the time they’re voting. To vote for your preferred contestant via SMS, simply SMS their number to 37400. Free SMSs do not apply, and each SMS will cost you R1.50. Fans can send a maximum of 100 votes.