As humans, we are creatures of second thoughts and learning how to cancel Takealot order is useful when you have that rain-check moment.
Luckily, South Africa’s most popular online shopping platform makes it easy to cancel an order – as long as you haven’t made the payment yet.
“If you’ve received your order confirmation but not yet paid for your order (e.g., if you’ve selected to pay by regular EFT or Cash On Delivery), then you can request a cancellation,” Takealot explains.
“If you have paid already, your order can’t be cancelled and your items can only be returned to us after they’ve been delivered. You can do this by following our returns process, as long as your order falls within our Returns Policy.”
How to cancel Takealot order
To cancel an order on Takealot, log into your Takealot account online and click “Orders.” Alternatively, visit Takealot’s orders page directly and sign in. Next, follow the steps below:
- Choose the order you wish to cancel.
- Click “Cancel Order.”
- You will then see a confirmation message indicating that the order has been cancelled.
“If the Cancel Order button is not visible, contact us below to check if the order is eligible for cancellation and request to cancel an item or your full order,” Takealot states on its website.
If you have not yet paid, the order will simply be cancelled. “You are entitled to cancel your order prior to the point at which you receive a notification that it is being shipped for delivery,” the company states.
If you have already paid and wish to return the product, you have the option of receiving a credit or a full refund. Returns are only possible where your order adheres to Takealot’s Return Policy, which you can read in full here.
According to the policy, you can return an unwanted product at no charge as long as:
- It is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached.
- Save for Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products and used products, it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- It is not missing any accessories or parts.
- You log a return on the Takealot website within 30 days of delivery or collection. After 30 days, you can only return a product if it is defective.
The policy also states that you can return a product provided it is not:
- A digital product such as an eBook, electronic voucher, gaming code or other digital download.
- An audio or video recording or computer software that has been unsealed.
- A newspaper, periodical or magazine.
- A foodstuff, beverage or other product intended for everyday consumption.
- A nursing or maternity product, an infant bottle, infant feeding product or bottle accessory that has been unsealed.
- A beauty product or fragrance which has been used.
- An intimate product, lingerie, swimwear, bodysuit, underwear or jewellery for piercings, which for hygienic and public health reasons may not be returned.
- A product which has been personalised for you or made to your specifications.
- A flatpack furniture product that has been assembled after delivery.
If your return request is successful, Takealot says it would credit your account with the product’s purchase within 10 days of the return or refund you.
Visit Takealot’s Return Policy page for more information, including on exchanges, wrong orders, products damaged on delivery and defective products.
The company’s FAQs page also outlines the returns process in full.