Jewellery enthusiasts will be pleased to learn that Galaxy & Co has launched two new collections – Mystic Gemstones and the Naturalist Collections.
The new collections have been available on the Galaxy & Co website, the online jewellery platform from TFG, since April 2021.
The Mystic Gemstones Collection
This collection “combines the magic of crystal gemstones with beautiful jewellery design.” It features five different pendants, bracelets, hoop/charm earrings and five different rings, all plated in 18ct gold.
According to Galaxy & Co, the Mystic Gemstones Collection has five different stones as indicated below:
- Rose Quartz: The ‘crystal of unconditional love’ representing compassion and optimism.
- Green Aventurine: The ‘stone of opportunity’, Green Aventurine symbolises protection, patience and creativity.
- Labradorite: An iridescent stone that represents positivity, imagination, and intuition, it is thought to also offer protection against pessimism and negative feelings.
- Amethyst: This gemstone is known to be calming and to help protect against negative energy.
- Lapis: A beautiful deep blue stone, Lapis signifies honesty, understanding and tranquility. It is also believed to promote wisdom and clarity of thinking – wonderful stone for those who have big decisions to make.
Jewellery fans can choose which stones to pick depending on their mood and even age, as different age groups may be drawn to different stones.
The Naturalist Collection
This collection “features five different flower pendants hanging from a chain necklace (18ct gold plate) and is inspired by the secrete language of flora and fauna,” the online platform states.
“The collection blends beautiful, dried flower pressings and motifs influenced by wax stamps with contemporary jewellery design.”
The Naturalist Collection has the following flowers buyers can choose from:
- Daisy: Innocence and purity, they are believed to have healing and medicinal properties and signify new beginnings, motherhood, or childbirth.
- Protea: South Africa’s national flower, the Protea represents diversity and courage.
- Orchid: Love, beauty, fertility, strength, integrity and friendship, the orchid is delicate and exotic.
- Sunflower: The ‘happy’ flower, sunflowers make the perfect gift representing faith and unconditional love, providing energy in the form of nourishment and vibrancy.
- Bird of Paradise: The ultimate symbol of paradise, it is native to South Africa and represents freedom and joy.
“Galaxy & Co’s jewellery is designed locally, representing the trends and styles of South Africans,” the company says.
“The new collections offer a playfulness and invite you to experiment with layering, stacking and ultimately, wearing it your way, your style.”